1 1/2 pounds pasta, preferably macaroni
“Cheese” Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups nutritional yeast
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 block firm (not silken) tofu – (1/4 of a 12 ounce block)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt to taste (the nutritional yeast adds plenty so may not need to add any!)
- 1 dollop mustard, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all of the “cheese” sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Once pasta is cooked, drain and put it in a 9 X 13 baking dish. Pour the “cheese” sauce over the pasta, stirring carefully to help it reach the insides of the noodles.
- Bake about 25 minutes.